From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Troubleshooting mounting local filesystems
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2017 03:33:00
1 On Sun, Dec 31, 2017 at 2:22 PM, Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Some background:
4 >
5 > A little while back I had a drive drop out of my hardware RAID. I don't
6 > think this has anything to do with the problem I'm having, but I thought I
7 > should mention it. The RAID health is fine and I can see there's not any
8 > delay in dmesg (the RAID array is detected as /dev/sdc).
9 >
10 > On startup, I share the RAID, and hence I mount it locally under /mnt,
11 > then again under /nfs4exports.
12 >
13 > Note: I'm using openrc.
14 >
15 > For some reason, the entry under /mnt does not mount on startup. There's
16 > no error or any indication of anything going wrong during startup (nothing
17 > in dmesg or /var/log/messages regarding any sort of mount trouble.)
18 >
19 > So what happens is nfs starts up but it's missing the one export. I have
20 > to stop nfs, unmount the entry under /nfs4exports, unmount the entry under
21 > /mnt, then mount /dev/sdc1 to /mnt, the mount the entry under /nfs4exports.
22 > After this, everything is mounted properly and I restart nfs.
23 >
24 > I looked at the /etc/init.d/localmount script and it's supposed to spit
25 > out a message if something cannot mount but it does not report any error.
26 >
27 > Is there any sort of logging I can enable to tell me exactly what's
28 > happening? Other local filesystems (total of three) all mount fine.
31 What does the fstab entry look like?
32
33 Can you cut and paste the terminal session of the post boot fixes?