From: David <david@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: rdalek1967@×××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] DSL and AT&T. About time.
Date: Sat, 08 Aug 2009 01:18:15
1 Dale wrote:
2 > Hi folks,
3 >
4 > Anyone here have AT&T DSL? Is there anything special software wise that
5 > I need to get it to work or do I just point to the URL of the modem and
6 > set it up that way?
7 >
8 > As some may know, I have been promised DSL for the past 5 years or so.
9 > It is supposed to be here next week. They put the cards in the DSL box
10 > today. YEPPIE !!!! If I don't get DSL this time, my next post may be
11 > from jail. I'm going to drive my uninsured 3/4 ton pick up right over
12 > their shiney new DSL box. :-@
13 >
14 > Thanks.
15 >
16 > Dale
17 >
18 > :-) :-)
23 Hi Dale,
24 Been using Bellsouth which is now AT&T for the last 6 years. You should
25 get a modem from them, I have a Westell 6100;
26 http://www.amazon.com/Westell-6100-ADSL2-Modem-Router/dp/B000QPPY0A
27 It has two ways to use it Ethernet or usb, use Ethernet and disable the usb.
28 Set up in bridge mode to a WRT54GL;
29 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833124190
30 I have a low traffic web site;
31 http://dwabbott.com/
32 file server and also run asterisk, works pretty good all in all. I have
33 had to play with the settings on the WRT54GL, I have DD-WRT on it;
34 http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv3/index.php
35
36 Enjoy,
37 -david