From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} SSD instead of RAID1?
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 14:05:48
1 Grant writes:
2
3 > Sounds good. Will commenting the swap line out of /etc/fstab and
4 > rebooting disable swap?
5
6 Yes. Or, temporarily, the 'swapoff' command.
7
8 > In order to resize the root partition to
9 > include the swap paritition, I'll have to boot to LiveCD right?
10
11 I think it might work without. If you have hda1=boot, hda2=root, hda3=swap,
12 you could delete hda3 and hda2 with [c]fdisk and make hda2 the size of
13 hda2+hda3, then use resize2fs to increase the size of hda2. Increasing a
14 file system's size works online nowadays. I don't think it would work with
15 hda2=swap and hda3=root, but I'm not sure.
16
17 Using LVM, things would be easier :)
18
19 Wonko