From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Odd cron errors
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2014 10:58:48
1 On 01/07/2014 11:48, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > Hell list,
3 >
4 > I don't know when it started, but recently I've been getting error e-mails
5 > from cron, thus:
6 >
7 > Password: 501 Not authorised --- Reply not authenticated
8 >
9 > They're all timed at 03:10:0x, i.e. one minute after cron.daily tasks are run,
10 > and they occur at 7- or 8-day intervals. The only files in /etc/cron.daily are
11 > logrotate and man-db, neither of which I've touched.
12 >
13 > I've been expiring that e-mail folder at 30 days, so I have only four
14 > instances - I've now set the lifetime to 366 days to allow a history to build
15 > up.
16 >
17 > Anyone have a clue to this? It's hardly earth-shattering, but it might be good
18 > to find out what's going on.
22 the error looks like an http error.
23 Got any crons running wget, curl or lynx?
28 Alan McKinnon
29 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com