From: Lincoln Baxter <lincoln.a.baxter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] events/0 at 100% when running rsync
Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2006 20:43:22
1 Hi All,
2
3 I resently upgraded to an Athlon X2 dual core processor and mobo.
4
5 Recompile Kernel (gentoo-sources) for SMP etc, and I have both an
6 events/0 and an events/1 process running.
7
8 When I rsync one file system to another, the events/0 process goes
9 100% cpu bound on cpu0. And the system becomes unusable, until the
10 rsync finishes.
11
12 I have been googling for events/0 and rsync and %100 CPU and have
13 found very few pointers to what might be up.
14
15 Does anyone have any suggests as to what might be going on, or where I
16 should be looking?
17
18 Thanks,
19