From: Arve Barsnes <arve.barsnes@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Piping "emerge -a" to some other command
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2022 09:15:37
1 On Fri, 25 Feb 2022 at 10:00, Dr Rainer Woitok <rainer.woitok@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > A quick search in the "emerge" manual page for "pars" and "pip" did not
3 > turn up anything I considered relevant. Can anyone give more hints?
4
5 I'm guessing any proposed solution would fail when what you want to
6 capture has an interactive component like this.
7
8 My solution would rather be to run your emerge commands in a place
9 that would give you the scroll-back that you lack now, such as in a
10 screen session. It feels like something like a screen session would be
11 potentially beneficial in more ways as well, such as being able to do
12 this remotely.
13
14 Regards,
15 Arve