From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mpv upgrade warning
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2015 16:28:58
1 On 19 September 2015 16:35:20 BST, Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 09/19/2015 01:22 AM, Mick wrote:
3 > > You can head off to the attic and copy the <=0.9.0 version into a
4 > local
5 > > overlay, but eventually things would break as various libs and
6 > dependencies
7 > > move out of kilter. Since this is not a production workstation or
8 > public
9 > > facing server, you can leave it at that version and not update it
10 > until you
11 > > buy new hardware.
14 > I actually forgot I posted this, was rather sleepy. I also had to
15 > fight
16 > udev changing sda to sdf for no damn good reason, wound up having to
17 > use
18 > UUIDs (which I've never had to use before.)
19 >
20 > The hardware is built into the htpc case and unless it stops working I
21 > won't replace it - I don't want to have a dongle sitting off to the
22 > side.
23 >
24 > Primarily though, I use irexec to do other things and evdev (or the
25 > kernel's map to keypresses) doesn't appear to offer an equivalent.
26 >
27 > As one example, the power key doesn't do squat with the
28 > evdev/ir-keytable, I've tried extensively to get it to work. It works
30 > power it up if the machine is shut down, but neither xbmc or mythtv
31 > will
32 > do anything with the power keystroke to shut it down. After a couple
33 > of
34 > days messing around trying to get it to work, I set up irexec and it
35 > worked immediately - and it's been that way for many years.
36 >
37 > Dan
38
39 Have you looked at evrouter? It allow you to run commands on evdev events.
40 --
41 Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.