From: Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××.be>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] CUPS remote printing drives me crazy
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2018 12:50:52
1 Hi,
2 I'd like to install a very simple configuration but fail (CUPS is my
3 most hated software)
4
5 I have two machines on a local network (i.e., I don't need any fancy
6 security mechanisms)
7
8 On one machine - called SERVER - I have a USB printer which works just
9 fine with CUPS.
10 I've tried to make it "shared". This printer has the name USB_printer.
11
12 On the other machine, which has no physical printer itself, I just want
13 to add a remote printer which
14 uses USB_printer on the SERVER.
15
16 If I try to configure this remote printer, my first problem is its name
17 (URL)
18 I've tried ipp://SERVER:631/printers/USB_printer but when I try to
19 print to it,
20 I always get "printer cannot be located"
21
22 Would anybody be so kind to share (the relevant parts) of his/her
23 cupsd.conf on the server as well as
24 on the client?
25
26 Any hints are more than welcome,