From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] confusing slot problem
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 08:31:51
1 On Thursday 05 November 2009 08:37:56 Kevin Haddock wrote:
2 > Hi everyone. I have an older copy of glibc being brought in by
3 > virtual/glibc but all the applications have been compiled against a later
4 > version, but it won't let me update because it says that there is a
5 > conflict. How should I resolve this? Can I just unmerge the virtual and
6 > re-merge it? It gives me warnings when I 'pretend' to do this that it
7 > could damage my system.
10 output of relevant emerge with -t set on please
14 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com