From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: SSL CUPS and SMTP on port 587
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 15:37:40
1 > Does anyone have any experience printing with CUPS via SSL? I need to
2 > print across the internet so I need the data to be transmitted via
3 > SSL. I know CUPS supports SSL, but I can't find any information on
4 > making it work. This guys has the same problem:
5 >
6 > http://www.cups.org/newsgroups.php?s15392+gcups.general+v15401+T0
7 >
8 > My ISP (Cox) blocks outgoing port 25 so I can't submit mail to my
9 > remote mail server. From what I understand, port 587 is commonly used
10 > to get around this. Can I have postfix listen on port 25 and port
11 > 587? Has anyone set that up?
12 >
13 > - Grant
14
15 For SSL CUPS, I have 'SSLPort 443' in the CUPS server's cupsd.conf and
16 'ServerName <hostname>:443' in the client's client.conf. 'lpr
17 file.pdf' on the client prints and I get "cupsdCloseClient: SSL
18 shutdown successful!" in the server's error log after printing. I
19 think it's working.
20
21 - Grant
22 --