From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Changes in the way USB devices are mounted
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 00:52:31
1 On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 23:22:49 +0100, Mick wrote:
2
3 > I am not bothered about automounting and probably would get on my
4 > nerves. I prefer how pmount used to work until recently.
5
6 pmount thinks your drive is not removable, so refuses to allow mounting
7 for security reasons. The fix is to add it to /etc/pmount.allow.
11 Neil Bothwick
12
13 Q: Why do PCs - even modern ones - have reset buttons on the front?
14 A: Because they come with Microsoft operating systems.