From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Anyone using Yahoo as Postfix relay?
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 02:22:49
In Reply to: Re: [gentoo-user] Anyone using Yahoo as Postfix relay? (Name service error for name=smtp1.mail.vip.ukl.yahoo.com type=MX: Malformed name server reply) by Enrico Weigelt
1 Enrico Weigelt wrote:
2 > * kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net> wrote:
3 >
4 > <snip>
5 >
6 >> In my case I noticed that sasl auth on relay doesn't seem to work unless
7 >> I set the following in main.cf
8 >>
9 >> smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = no
10 > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
11 > Are you sure you have to *disable* sasl auth on your (incoming)
12 > smtp server ?
13
14 With more than one admin here it's easy to mistake smtp for smtpd.
15 Additionally I believe is explicitly turning off things I don't need so
16 they don't come back to bite me in the ass when the default settings of
17 a daemon changes eight months down the line. If you need sasl on
18 incoming mail then by all means leave it on.
21 >> it's the smtp_sasl_auth_enable = yes line that is the most important.
22 >
23 > Of course. You have to tell him that he should (try to)
24 > authenticate itself at another server.
25
26 Hard to auth when you're not telling Postfix it needs to with the
27 smtp_sasl = yes line. At least that hasn't been mentioned in this thread
28 so I thought it was worth the mention.
29
30 Going back to the original problem you won't see sasl auth in the logs
31 unless you add a -v to smtp is master.cf, again not smtpd which is the
32 first line in master.cf, but smtp. I'd flip it on while you're
33 troubleshooting.
34
35 kashani
36 --