From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE 4.1.2... a winner!
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2008 22:20:59
1 On Sun, 5 Oct 2008 22:47:42 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > > emerge autounmask
4 > > autounmask kde-meta
5 >
6 > For the super-lazy amongst us, what does that package do?
7 >
8 > OK, I can figure out what it does, so my real question should be "what
9 > other stuff does it do that I might not expect? Any gotchas?"
10
11 It basically adds a bunch of packages to /etc/portage/packages.unmask
12 and /etc/portage/packages.keywords, bracketed by start/end comments so
13 you can remove them. It's a quick and easy way of emerging something
14 with a lot of masked dependencies, like kde-meta:4.
15
16 I used it the last time I tried KDE4 and it did just as was expected,
17 except is added =cat/pkg-vers, which I changed to ~cat/pkg/vers so I
18 could pick up and fixes.
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 ... Never say anything more predictive than "Watch this!"