From: Michael Scherer <a6702894@××××××××××××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] USB sticks now mounting on /run/media instead of /media ?
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 20:25:13
1 a possibility could be to get the label or UUID of the device.
2 blkid will give you a list to find out.
3 you could then enter the device in fstab with either LABEL=<label> or
4 UUID=<uuid>, bypassing the need to use /dev/something, which for USB-disks
5 might change from one system start to the next
6
7 hope I understood your problem correctly
8
9 michael
12 Michael Scherer
13 Univ.klinik f. Psychiatrie
14 email: michael.scherer@×××××××××××××.at
15 phone: +43 6991 941 22 54
16
17 ----- Original Message -----
18 From: "Claudio Roberto França Pereira" <spideybr@×××××.com>
19 To: <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
20 Sent: Wednesday, 18 April, 2012 19:04
21 Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] USB sticks now mounting on /run/media instead of /media ?
24 > How do you mount them automatically? Isn't there a middle-man software
25 > that mounts removable drives? I'm pretty sure I never had a drive
26 > automount without kde or gnome managing them.