From: Dan Oriani <dan@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] unmasking qt5 and plasma 5
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2015 19:30:22
1 On 01/09/2015 02:20 PM, behrouz khosravi wrote:
4 >> There is definitely a ton to unmask, and if you want kde4 alongside
5 >> there are some USE flags to mess around with. I don't really remember
6 >> which anymore, but portage should give some hints.
7 >>
8 >> I don't use SDDM, it looked nice, but I like LightDM too much
11 > I am not planning to use kde4, so I think that wont bother me.
12 > I have heard that SDDM is recommended for Plasma 5, however I am using slim
13 > right now
14 > and it is more that enough for me!
15 >
16 SDDM is merely upstreams replacement for KDM, as I understand it. There
17 also may be security vulnerabilities in SDDM, I know several versions
18 have been masked because of that.