From: Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Seamonkey and path to internet
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 21:26:37
1 On 05/20/2013 07:08 PM, Dale wrote:
2 > Howdy,
3 >
4 > I noticed over the past few weeks a interesting issue. When I leave
5 > Seamonkey open for several hours, it looses its connection to the
6 > internet. If I open Firefox, it works fine. I can ping in a Konsole
7 > too. In Seamonkey tho, not even a simple page like google will work.
8 > If I close Seamonkey and then restart it, it works fine. I don't have
9 > to log out of KDE or anything either. Just restart Seamonkey and it
10 > works for a few more hours. Also, it affects both browser and email.
13 Try visiting an IP address instead of a hostname. There's an internal
14 DNS cache; if that's what's stopped working you can turn it off with
15 http://kb.mozillazine.org/Network.dnsCacheExpiration in about:config.
16 And hopefully that avoids the lookup entirely.