From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Make Gentoo Live USB Stick
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 21:17:33
1 On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 2:06 PM, Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net> wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > This question more than likely has been posted before, either to
5 > this or some other list.  If so, then please let me know and I'll
6 > start searching.
7 >
8 > I want to make a Gentoo Live bootable USB stick using the available
9 > Gentoo Live DVD iso.  Can this be done by simply copying the iso file
10 > to the USB drive with a utility like dd?  Or are there some special files
11 > that need to be copied to the boot sector?
12 >
13 > Unetbootin (unetbootin.sf.net) is a GUI program that claims to do this,
14 > but there must be a simpler CLI alternative.
15 >
16 > Frank Peters
20 Hi Frank,
21 This is almost too easy to answer as I was wondering the same thing
22 just a couple of days ago.
23
24 <hehe> In Google try
25
26 Gentoo USB live CD
27
28 which yields:
29
30 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/liveusb.xml
31
32 Don't know if it works but like all things Gentoo I suspect it does...
33
34 HTH, ;-)
35 Mark