From: Michael Schreckenbauer <grimlog@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] License question for jdk
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2011 15:23:44
1 On Saturday, 10. September 2011 11:13:29 Allan Gottlieb wrote:
2 > Why do I need this sun/oracle jdk when I already have
3 > icedtea installed? Indeed, the next step in my normal procedure is
4 > to run emerge --depclean --ask, which then wanted to remove the just
5 > installed package. I will report this "portage loop" in a separate msg.
6
7 You had oracle-jdk installed, so it's upgraded.
8 It's not needed anymore, because the virtual is satisfied with icedtea. That's
9 why it is removed by a depclean.
10 No "portage loop" here, everything works as intended :)
11
12 > In any event, thank you again.
13 > allan
14