From: Rod May <gentoo-user@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] 'du' problem after emerge of coreutils
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2007 05:05:04
1 Hi
2
3 emerged coreutils up to 6.4 and the '-x' option on du seems broken,
4 e.g.:
5
6 root> du --version
7 du (GNU coreutils) 5.94
8
9 root> du -s -x DVBig Docs.bak Gimp.bak
10 16730112 DVBig
11 1935776 Docs.bak
12 1227584 Gimp.bak
13
14 so all correct with the old version, these are three simple directories
15 on the one file system. Now emerge to coreutils 6.4...
16
17 root> du --version
18 du (GNU coreutils) 6.4
19
20 root> du -s -x DVBig Docs.bak Gimp.bak
21 16730112 DVBig
22 32 Docs.bak
23 32 Gimp.bak
24
25 so it seems that for the second and any subsequent arguments treated as
26 on a different file system... eg if I swap the arguments order:
27
28 root> du -s -x Docs.bak DVBig Gimp.bak
29 1935776 Docs.bak
30 32 DVBig
31 32 Gimp.bak
32
33 if the -x is not used then the output is correct, (same as 5.94)...
34
35 thought I would ask here first as I also upgraded most sys related
36 packages just before coreutils......
37
38 anyone else get this?
39
40 Cheers :)
41 Rod May <gentoo-user@×××.net>
42
44 Random Fortune:
45 All Finagle Laws may be bypassed by learning the simple art of doing
46 without thinking.
47 --
48 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list