From: Alexander Kirillov <nevis2us@××××××××.su>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Apache ?!?
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 18:39:39
1 If you've enabled server-status handler
2 this might give you an idea of what apache threads are doing
3 when it's eating up your resources.
4 HTH,
5 Sasha
6
7 > That's just what buggers me the most. NO. If only I did I would know how to get back.
8 >
9 > It's happening for some time now. Only since yesterday evening it's persistent. When it first came to my attention I was thinking at a cron job that triggered something, or a visitor. Even without any cron jobs running it's happening. And it is not visitor related. At least not as far as I can figure out true there IP-numbers and so on. I was thinking this because I had the impression that it happened on a regular basis, every two weeks or so. When I then stopped Apache for a few seconds and restarted Apache again everything was back to normal.
10 >
11 > I now have been uninstalling everything that I could miss for a while, even stopped Apache for several hours. No result. The only thing that happens is a very slow server.
12 >
13 >>Did you change something in the apache configuration or anything else?
14 >>
15 >>>Just a question. Has anyone experienced the fact that Apache is eating up
16 >>>all the server resources and filling all swap space? Where do I find the
17 >>>reason why? Or in what log-file do I look for what reason? The server runs
18 >>>a Drupal based site if that should matter. Only after restarting Apache it
19 >>>directly goes true the roof. As well as I am at the moment.
20 >>>
21 >>>To be honest, it runs on Debian. I know, I know, if only I had the nerves
22 >>>to install Gentoo on it from a distance. Then I would be as happy as my
23 >>>home system running day after day without stopping, thanks to Gentoo. Only
24 >>>I don't want to surprise the hosting company and tell them to please fix my
25 >>>ssh connection. At least not for now ;-)
26 >>>
27 >>>Thanks in advance, why aren't all systems like Gentoo. It could also be
28 >>>possible that it's me being to stupid :-)
29 >>>
30 >>>Cheers,
31 >>>William.
34 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list