From: Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] PORTAGE message
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 02:46:39
1 On 7/22/06, Ryan Tandy <tarpman@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
3 > >> WARN: prerm
4 > >> Please upgrade your package (libmpeg3-1.5.2) to use
5 > >> toolchain-funcs.eclass
8 > Needs to be fixed by the maintainer of the ebuild. If you feel like it,
9 > file a bug (check first to see that there isn't already one), or if you
10 > really feel like being obnoxious, e-mail the maintainer (check in the
11 > ebuild).
12 > --
13 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
14
15 This was not the first time. It wasn't the last either -- I'm looking at a new
16 fresh crop. Am I then to understand that none of these messages will ever
17 be warning ME that I need to do something (actually, I know that's not true).
18
19 If not, how am I to tell? What clues are you guys going on? Is it just beyond
20 some threshold of geekishness/incomprehensibility that marks it as for
21 devs only?
22
23 IMNSHO, there's gotta be a better way to run this.
24
25 ++ kevin
28 Kevin O'Gorman, PhD
29 --