From: Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ati drivers.
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 12:00:02
1 On 12 Nov, Igor wrote:
2 > Hi. I installed gentoo. It`s very cool system. But i have problem with ati
3 > drivers for HD3850 agp. Proprietary driver have not 2D acceleration. When i
4 > moved window then cpu loads on 95%. Open source driver have not 3D
5 > acceleration and after system startup videocard settings falls to
6 > 640x480@60Hz. When i enter to display settings then settings returns to my
7 > 1024x768@85Hz. Help me with settings.
8
9 I don't know the HD3850 card.
10
11 From the x11-drivers/ati-drivers-9.10 FAQ
12 2. Which ATI graphics cards can use this driver?
13
14 The ATI Proprietary Linux driver currently supports RADEON 8500 and later,
15 as well as FireGL 8700 and later products. We do not currently plan to include
16 support for any products earlier than this.
17 Drivers for earlier products should already be available from the DRI Project or Utah-GLX project.
18
19 Here, I have a Readon HD 3300 (onboard) and xorg-server-1.6.5 .
20 Using the x11-drivers/ati-drivers-9.10 graphics is really fast
21 including googleearth.
22
23 But, as noted earlier, these ati-drivers don't work with
24 xorg-server-1.7.1
25
26 Helmut.
29 Helmut Jarausch