From: "Jc García" <jyo.garcia@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: configure.ac and Makefile.am easy_view ?
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2015 21:26:07
1 2015-03-28 14:43 GMT-06:00 James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>:
2
3 > likewise I've been hacking at ebuilds for apache (spark and mesos)
4 > The spark file are still under /var/tmp/portage/sys-cluster but the mesos
5 > files, compiled just yesterday are not under /var/tmp/portage. The
6 > same is true for ebuild in the portage tree. Some are there, some remain
7 > and others.... who knows.
8 >
9 This depends on wheter the ebuild was succesfully built, if so:
10
11 ebuild ${ebuild_path} clean
12 is called and all the files under /var/tmp/portage/cat/pkg are removed
13
14 When I'm trying to make an ebuild I only use the ebuild(5) tool, for
15 building, and call manually up to where I want to build(prepare,
16 configure, compile, etc...) and only when
17
18 ebuild ${ebuild_path} package
19
20 Has completed successfully, I use emerge so I don't get unwanted cleanups.
21
22 > So with this in mind, how do I "tag" certain ebuilds to at least save the
23 > configure.ac and Makefile.am files only for selected ebuild; either of which
24 > may be in /usr/portage or /usr/local/portage? (sorry for not being more
25 > clear). Is this just some inconsistency in how various ebuilds are constructed?
26 >
27 I don't see the utility of having these files apart form it's source
28 tree, if you modified them, then make patches, I usually unpack the
29 sources to a directory under $HOME, or clone the upstream repo, try to
30 get a working build as my user(I build experimental stuff with
31 --prefix="$HOME/opt/" so my system stays clean). Make a patch of my
32 changes if any, and then try to introduce the patch into an ebuild.