From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Troubleshooting mounting local filesystems
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2018 19:15:19
1 On 12/31/17 08:28, Daniel Frey wrote:
2 > On 12/31/17 06:12, Jalus Bilieyich wrote:
3 >> Did you perform this action:
4 >>
5 >> rc-update add localmount default
6 >>
7 >> ?
8 >
9 > On my machine (as per my other post) it's in the boot runlevel.
10 >
11 > Dan
12
13 OK, after turning on some logging I figured out what's happening.
14
15 When localmount runs /dev/sdc has not been created yet. Presumably it is
16 getting created after localmount runs.
17
18 I suspect that this is because there's a delay during kernel
19 initialization that loads firmware for some TV tuners I have, and after
20 this I can see that /dev/sdc is created.
21
22 So the question now is... is it safe to add a delay to localmount? Or is
23 there a better way (like... can I tell the kernel to wait a few seconds
24 before running init?)
25
26 As this is mounted twice (local access and nfs access) in fstab, it
27 would be best to fix it before localmount runs.
28
29 Dan