From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Updating old Gentoo on notebook
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2021 13:38:54
1 On Tue, Sep 14, 2021 at 03:33:14AM -0500, Dale wrote
2 >
3 > I'm no pro at this but I think if you update xinit and sysvinit first it
4 > will clear that block. It could be the other way around tho. If init
5 > packages first doesn't work, try the display-manager-init first.
6 > Sometimes emerge spits things out backwards.
7 >
8 > One could remove those two *init packages but if you are actually
9 > running that install, it could cause issues. If done while chrooting
10 > in, it should be safe.
11 >
12 > One of those methods *should* work. In theory. ;-)
13
14 Thabk you very much. Emerging xinit broke the icejam. Now it's
15 "only" a matter of...
16
17 Total: 377 packages (298 upgrades, 52 new, 2 in new slots, 25 reinstalls), Size of downloads: 1,408,922 KiB
18
19 ...wish me luck.
22 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
23 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications