From: tastytea <tastytea+gentoo@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to manage load on the GPU?
Date: Mon, 18 May 2020 14:40:22
1 [Please excuse the previous mail, I accidentally hit send too soon]
2
3 On 2020-05-18 06:41+0200
4 tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
5
6 > Hi,
7 >
8 > sorry for the somehow vague subject line...no native speaker...
9 >
10 > With Blender I do a lot of experimenting and tinkering which
11 > involves rendering most of the time.
12 >
13 > With rendering comes ... waiting for the result.
14 >
15 > Often (I am trying to) watch videos, like tutorial about
16 > what I currently trying to acchieve with Blender.
17 >
18 > The problem is, that the video (the audio does not) stutters
19 > in short periods.
20 >
21 > Interestingly it does this not every time but quite often.
22 >
23 > And it only effects videos online.
24 >
25 > mpv for example is not affected.
26 >
27 > Is there any way to configure whatever it is in a way, that Online
28 > videos can be played smoothlessly also?
29
30 At first I would look into if Blender can be configured to use a lower
31 priority or fewer threads.
32
33 Another solution is to modify the priority yourself, with `renice
34 --priority 15 $(pidof blender)` for example. The priority can be from
35 -20 (very high priority) to 19 (very low priority).
36
37 Kind regards, tastytea
41 Get my PGP key with `gpg --locate-keys tastytea@××××××××.de` or at
42 <https://tastytea.de/tastytea.asc>.