From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Oddities in apache2 update, other init bizarrity.
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2007 22:46:38
1 Dan Farrell wrote:
2 >
3 > You will have to accept some of the changes to /etc/apache2/httpd.conf.
4 >
5 > some of the module names and files have changed; I also had to take out
6 > part of my httpd.conf file to get it working properly.
7 >
8 > so the answer is yes, if you manually merge httpd.conf.
9
10 It's always a good idea to make any custom changes in your own config
11 files. I generally do not modify the Gentoo provided httpd.conf at all
12 and then load in my own configs to make changes afterwards. Makes
13 merging changes from Gentoo easier.
14
15 I usually put mine in /etc/apache2/vhosts.d/
16
17 000_httpd_tweaks.conf
18 00_default_vhost.conf
19 www.badapple.net.conf
20 and so on.
21
22 At first it seems like Gentoo is forcing you to jump through hoops and
23 making your life complex. In some ways it is. However I've found that
24 creating specific config files keeps you from losing settings when you
25 migrate to new servers or update your server in just about any distro of
26 Linux. It's a good habit to get into.
27
28 kashani
29 --
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list