From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: gentoo livedvd kernel
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 18:31:34
1 Neil Bothwick <neil <at> digimed.co.uk> writes:
4 > > I want to take a closer look at the (amd64) kernel that is
5
6 > You have (at least) three options:
7
8 > 1) Boot from the DVD and copy /proc/config.gz to a writeable device.
9
10 cool, this gets me the .config file.
11
12 > 2) Copy the kernel from the DVD and use
13 > /usr/src/linux/scripts/extract-ikconfig to extract the config.
14
15 Ok, I'm not sure where the actual kernel binary is on the livedvd.
16 I really want that actual binary.
19 > 3) Something else I will think of right after pressing Send.
20
21 Yes, there is a slick way to do this, but I cannot remember and
22 google yields too many (worthless) links....
23
24 thx,
25 James