From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: IOAPIC kernel error and oops!
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 07:36:40
1 On Saturday 11 September 2010 07:57:32 you wrote:
2 > I just compiled and installed gentoo 2.6.35-r4 on an x86 machine and it
3 > failed miserably on boot up. As this kernel configuration of mine is not
4 > materially different to the 2.6.34 version, I am wondering if it is
5 > suffering from some congenital defect. Anyone else having such problems?
6
7 I just saw other posts on this in the M/L, which I somehow missed on my first
8 search. It seems that it may be a gcc bug. Fair enough.
9
10 I am somehow confused though how I have ended up with this kernel installed on
11 my machine. eix -l gentoo-sources shows that it is masked! Did the mask flip
12 on & off while I was between emerges or something?
13 --
14 Regards,
15 Mick