From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] off topic : Dolphin massacre in Japan
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 20:57:26
1 Mantas Povilaitis wrote:
2 > It seems some people just cant miss an opportunity to flame and whine
3 > about "spam" (and it wasted like 5 s of my oh so important life OMG,
4 > OMFG!!!) and write pseudo-humorous juvenile nonsenses. OP at least
5 > wrote something meaningful while all other of you "Responsible mailing
6 > list users writing every little topic into its little proper mailing
7 > list" just continue writing total nonsenses.
8
9 You do know that some people have to pay for how much data they use
10 right? They may not in the US or in some countries but I know there
11 used to be a guy on here that had to pay a monthly fee plus so much
12 depending on how much data he got. So if he is still here, he is paying
13 for spam, including this message I'm sorry to say.
14
15 Me, I try not to go to a Windoze list and spam them with Linux
16 questions. I don't do that out of respect for the other people on the
17 list. They may not want to here about Linux anyway. Maybe what we need
18 here is a moderator and a ban list. Spam the list, get banned. Do it
19 enough, you get banned for good. That may solve the problem.
20
21 It would just seem to me that it is easier for us to not let people spam
22 the list than to have the above happen. I have once or twice asked a
23 windoze question on here but I kept it as brief as I could. I was
24 trying to get Samba to share with my soon to be ex's laptop. Some
25 people unlike me use windoze too. Some here may even be really good at it.
26
27 It's the same with top posting or using HTML. You may do it, but you
28 may not get the replies you need either. I'm not going to mention where
29 the OP next emails are going to go. I won't be seeing them though.
30
31 My $0.02 worth.
32
33 Dale