From: Ralf Stephan <ralf@×××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Does this qualify as some bug ?
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 09:45:51
1 > While trying to prevent 'net-dns/pdnsd' to listen on TCP and on to
2 > avoid TCP queries, I changed 'tcp_server' parameter to 'off' and
3 > 'query_method' parameter to 'udp_only' in /etc/pdnsd/pdnsd.conf . But
4 > when I restarted pdnsd I found it is still listening on TCP. I checked
5 > /etc/conf.d/pdnsd and found no option related to listening to 'TCP'
6 > set. So, then I checked /etc/init.d/pdnsd and I found that 'pdnsd' has
7 > been launched with '-t' command line argument (enables the TCP server
8 > thread. pdnsd will then serve TCP and UDP queries.) . So to disable, I
9 > need to append '--notcp' to PDNSDCONFIG in /etc/conf.d/pdnsd. So I
10 > think, listening shouldn't be made by default, even if it is, then it
11 > should be in configuration file, not in init.d script .
12
13 Since noone answered, I'll try. I'm not into the details of your
14 problem but I have the impression your suggestion should be stated
15 to the pdnsd developing community, not on gentoo. I'd qualify it as
16 bug, but YMMV, and again, I don't know much about it.
17
18 ralf
19 --
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list