From: Xav' <blackhawk@××××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xorg configuration
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 11:09:36
1 Thufir a écrit :
2 > Trying to configure X installing and then emerging xorg. Could I just
3 > copy the xorg.conf file from the live cd over to the hdd?
4 >
5 > Here's where I'm at now:
6 >
7 > http://hawat.thufir.googlepages.com/startxScript1.txt
8 >
9 > http://hawat.thufir.googlepages.com/startxScript2.txt
10 As I can see in the files you submit, you configure X with the wrong option...
11 Try to configure it first with X -configure (with ONE dash befor the configure)
12
13 This will implies X to detect your hardware and to generate a first xorg.conf
14 with some basic options in the current directory as xorg.conf.new.
15
16 After that you have to start X with X -config [path to xorg.conf.new] and see if
17 it works fine (you have to see a grid and t obe able to move your mouse).
18
19 If all works fine, you can copy the xorg.conf.new to /etc/X11/xorg.conf and then
20 startx.
23 > I'll reboot and try copying some stuff around. Also, "emerge gnome"
24 > will give me a basic gnome?
25 This will emerge a full gnome install, but I don't know about gnome install,
26 maybe you can take a look at [1].
29 > -Thufir
30
31 Regards,