From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Partition schme question
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 19:26:52
1 On Dienstag, 2. September 2008, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Tue, 2 Sep 2008 14:15:03 -0300, Ale wrote:
3 > > I am thinking if i will get better performance mounting /var/tmp/
4 > > and/or /usr/portage in other partition.
5 >
6 > I use ext2 for each of these, as it is the fastest filesystem and
7 > journalling isn't needed for filesystems that contain temporary data.
8
9 really? I saw a lot of tests that said otherwise.
10
11 /tmp and /var/tmp/portage are good candidates for tmpfs.