From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: OT: Re: [gentoo-user] X Freezes With Firefox on Many Post 2.6.38 Kernels
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 17:44:08
1 On Sunday 31 July 2011 18:20:02 Mick wrote:
2
3 > If the partition of the WinXP installation is intact then the position of
4 > the partition on the disk may be causing you trouble, in which case play
5 > around with the GRUB hide and chainload options to hide other
6 > disks/partitions, so that WinXP thinks it is the first partition on the
7 > first disk.
8
9 In fact it is so, by design. I don't know what I did, but after enough
10 reboots Win-XP was happy. Thanks anyway.
13 Rgds
14 Peter Linux Counter 5290, 1994-04-23