From: Robin Atwood <robin.atwood@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Instaling KDE 4.2, second attempt...
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2009 20:16:08
1 My first attempt at installing KDE 4.2 so trashed my desktop I had to perform
2 a general restore to remove all traces of it. I have a completely current
3 3.5.10 system running, so I thought I would get a situation where I could
4 choose which system to login to. In fact, on my second attempt, I get my
5 original KDM 3.5 login screen and no new options and when I login I do get my
6 original desktop environment, albeit with corrupt konqueror tool bars. Any
7 ideas how to enable KDM 4.2 and get the new desktop?
8
9 TIA
10 -Robin