From: Michael Kintzios <michaelkintzios@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] How to tar?
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 17:32:10
1 > -----Original Message-----
2 > From: Etaoin Shrdlu [mailto:shrdlu@×××××××××××××.org]
3 > Sent: 23 March 2006 17:33
4 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
5 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to tar?
8 > What about doing two separate tar files, one for /usr/portage and the
9 > other for the rest of /usr? Then untar each tar file into the
10 > appropriate partition.
11
12 Thanks, but I won't be able to do that within the space confines of the
13 partitions available to me on the new machine. They are all smaller
14 than the complete uncompressed /usr directory. To have access to my old
15 box which has plenty of space to do that, I will have to wait until I
16 get back home in a couple of days. I was just looking for a clever way
17 to do it all in the circumstances described.
18 --
19 Regards,
20 Mick
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list