From: trevor donahue <donahue.trevor@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Freeing up disk space problem!!
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 11:38:58
1 Hi everyone,
2 I'm experiencing a major problem right now. I've been using gentoo for
3 several months now and I simply lllooove it!
4 So here's the thing. When I use gentoo for a long time, even without
5 updating the current pack of installed software (emerge -uD world), I am
6 left without disk space... In situations like this I start deleting
7 /var/tmp/*, /tmp/*, /usr/portage/distfiles/*, maybe do even a
8 revdep-rebuild to fix something, but even then I'm left with no more then
9 100 mb, which obviously is not enough ...
10 So this time I googled a bit and I deleted all the /usr/share/doc/ and this
11 left me with 2.5 gb of space (wow).
12
13 So the questions are ... in cases like this, what should be done? what is
14 storing this much space? logs?