From: Michael Hampicke <mh@××××.biz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] systemd and LUKS
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2013 16:47:22
1 Am 03.09.2013 13:46, schrieb Frank Steinmetzger:
2 > Hey list
3 >
4 > after the many discussions here about systemd I had a flash of
5 > objectivity (“Who cares if people rant about Lennart, the concept seems
6 > sound and I don’t care about separate /usr”). So I wanted to try systemd
7 > on my netbook.
8 >
9 > I cloned the / partition from sda2 to sda7 and chrooted into it. In
10 > there I followed the systemd Gentoo wiki¹, i.e. I configured the kernel,
11 > installed systemd, added "-consolekit systemd" to my use flags, rebuilt
12 > world with --new-use and added init=/usr/lib/systemd/systemd to the
13 > kernel cmdline.
14 >
15 > Rebooting works until the point of mounting /home, which is a LUKS
16 > container. I get the message:
17 > "A start job is running for dev-mapper-home.service"
18 > and eventually a timeout and prompt for root password or Ctrl-D.
19
20 When it show "A start job is running for dev-mapper-home.service" you
21 can enter the password for the luks volume. Just type in a few letters,
22 you will see them displayed as ********
23
24 I too run systemd + luks - this is my config:
25
26 ####################
27
28 $ cat /etc/crypttab
29
31 tank /dev/sdb2 none luks
32
34
35 $ grep tank /etc/fstab
36 #/dev/mapper/tank /home ext4 noatime,nofail 0 2
39 Also make sure to compile systemd with USE="cryptsetup"