From: John covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] how do I resolve udev145 masked issue?
Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2009 22:59:32
1 Hi. On my latest update attempt, I get the following message: !!! All
2 ebuilds that could satisfy ">=sys-fs/udev-145[extras]" have been
3 masked.
4 !!! One of the following masked packages is required to complete your
5 request:
6 - sys-fs/udev-9999 (masked by: package.mask, missing keyword)
7 /usr/portage/profiles/package.mask:
8 # Matthias Schwarzott <zzam@g.o> (3 Jul 2009)
9 # It needs libblkid provided by util-linux-2.16 not yet released
10
11 - sys-fs/udev-145 (masked by: package.mask)
12
13 For more information, see the MASKED PACKAGES section in the emerge
14 man page or refer to the Gentoo Handbook.
15
16 I tried this a week ago and waited a week hoping that this would be
17 resolved, but the latest emerge --sync still has not resolved the
18 problem.
19
20 Any suggestions would be appreciated as to possible courses of action,
21 as there seems to be no way to tell emerge to do other updates while
22 this is still not resolved.
25 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
26 How do
27 you spend it?
28
29 John Covici