From: "b.n." <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] CD ROM does not play audio CD's
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 12:22:11
1 Joerg Schilling ha scritto:
2 > "b.n." <brullonulla@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> Again, it is entirely possible that Joerg, despite his somehow weird
5 >> behaviour, could be right. But I fail to see the strong evidence that
6 >> should backup his strong statements.
7 >
8 > So you like to tell us that if a few people like to spread a lie, all they need
9 > to do is to create a web of pointers to copies of this lie?
10
11 Well, that's exactly what happens everyday. Welcome to the real world. :)
12
13 But that's irrelevant to our discussion, because I do not want a "web of
14 pointers to copies". I want a single pointer to the (hopefully public)
15 mailing list thread(s) where you discussed with Bloch and you were
16 attacked by him.
17
18 Where is this thread?
19
20 > A single person who tells the truth seems to have no chance in your world
21 > because people do not make a reality check on statements but just count the
22 > number of copies?
23
24 It has all chances possible. It is enough to bring *proof*. Not a
25 billion copies of proof: just proof. That "number of copies" stuff is
26 something you put into the discussion and that I never, ever asked for.
27
28 > It would be easy to check timelines to get an impression of the credibility
29 > of the people around Bloch.
30 >
31 > I should mention that Bloch did not get much attention inside Debian with his
32 > hirst attack which started around 2004. The CDDL was accepted by Debian and
33 > nobody complained in February 2005 when I changed the first project from GPL to
34 > CDDL. Nothing happened after I published the first OpenSolaris distribution on
35 > June 17th 2005 - 3 days after the first OpenSolaris source was out. The attacks
36 > from Debian against the CDDL started in September 2005 after the Nexenta distro
37 > (Debian userland on top of Solaris) was published.
38 >
39 > A year later but still a week _before_ the "cdrkit project" started, Debian
40 > finally accepted the CDDL as free license. The people from the cdrkit "project"
41 > still claim that the "fork" was done because the CDDL is not free. Do you
42 > believe people who repeatedly contradict themself?
43
44 I don't care about "credibility". I care about individual statements.
45 As far as I have understood, the problem is not CDDL not being free, but
46 being incompatible with the GPL in the particular build system you
47 choose for cdrtools. So, I see no contradiction here. Maybe I'm wrong,
48 but again, we want *proof*.
49
50 m.
51 --