From: "Anthony E. Caudel" <acaudel@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Kweather panel applet: unable to set station
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 20:25:15
1 darren kirby wrote:
2 > I have just moved and one thing I needed to do was update the weather station
3 > for my panel applet. In the config dialogue I have two tabs: "Display"
4 > and "Weather Service". I am able to select my new city in the "Available
5 > stations" and even check the weather using "Update All", however, I can not
6 > set this new station to be the one displayed on the panel.
7 >
8 > Even when I delete my old town from the "Weather Service" tab it remains in
9 > the "Location" dropdown in the Display tab. After hitting "Defaults" a few
10 > times, now I get only "Unknown Station" in the drop-down. There seems to be
11 > no way to set the station to be displayed on the panel...
12 >
13 > The help docs don't seem to correspond to the actual software:
14 >
15 > "If you don't know the ICAO code for the airport nearest to you, you can click
16 > on the link labeled Lookup Your ICAO Code to use a web based search engine to
17 > find it."
18 >
19 > I don't have such a link on mine, and there is no way (that I can find) to
20 > edit the value in the "Location" drop down.
21 >
22 > Again from the docs:
23 >
24 > "right mouse button click on an empty space in the panel and choose
25 > Add->Applet->KWeather
26 > A configuration dialog will open up. Initially the only configuration required
27 > to make KWeather work is the ICAO location code:."
28 >
29 > When I do this no configuration starts up. I can use the menu to select
30 > configuration, but this just leads to the same dialogue that I cannot do
31 > anything from...
32 >
33 > Does anyone know what's up with this?
34 > KDE is 3.5.5...
35 >
36 > -d
37
38 Apparently a bug. Edit ~/.kde/share/config/weather_panelappletrc (after
39 closing the applet) and set report_location= to your new city.
40
41 Tony
44 Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary
45 Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
46 -- Benjamin Franklin
47 --
48 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list