From: Arend von der Lieth <lieth@×××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OpenOffice-2: Permission problem with file dialog
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 17:58:47
1 Hi Michal,
2
3 Michal 'vorner' Vaner wrote:
4 > Hello,
5 [snip]
6 >
7 > This is just a shot, but it helped me few problems. Could you try
8 > setting up a new user account and try it there? If it works there, it is
9 > because of some problem with your personal settings (not that it would
10 > excuse it to behave this way, but may help find some way out of the
11 > problem before it's fixed)
12 Thank you very much for the quick answer. Unfortunately, that did not do the
13 job. But your post gave me an idea: one after another I added my user to all
14 the groups that root is in (eventually including group "root"). Even then it
15 does not work. So, if I my assumption (that it is a permission problem) is
16 correct, it should be some file which is owned by root and can only be
17 accessed by the user root, shouldn't it?
18
19 BTW: here's the "final message" from the program after I have killed it ("line
20 254" is always the same. However, the 4digit number following it changes):
21
22 /usr/lib/openoffice/program/soffice: line 254: 3837
23 Killed "$sd_prog/$sd_binary" "$@"
24
25 Maybe that might give someone an idea.
26 Kindest regards,
27 Arend
28 --
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list