From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kdepim-4.6.0 woes
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 12:57:52
1 On Wednesday 22 Jun 2011 13:16:05 you wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 22 June 2011 13:05:31 Mick did opine thusly:
3
4 > > Anyway, I noticed that a KDE machine which is using MySQL as a
5 > > backend for Akonadi is not showing any contacts in its address
6 > > book. All other boxen use sqlite3 instead and they do not seem to
7 > > have any noticeable problems.
8 > >
9 > > Could this be a MySQL issue?
10 > >
11 > > PS. All of these PCs run stable KDE.
12 >
13 > A while ago I eventually got my contacts back. I forget the actual
14 > cause now, but I strongly suspect it involved tinkering with mysql,
15 > and this may have broken in turn my calendar.
16 >
17 > I'm going to do one last test before consigning kdepim to the
18 > trashbin: migrate everything to a new user and start with a default
19 > config. If it works, I can migrate the data at my leisure.
20 >
21 > But now, stupid question incoming:
22 >
23 > How you you get akonadi to use sqlite as the backend? There's no, erm,
24 > gui tickbox for that.
25
26 Yes, that's right, no GUI box to tick because the KDE devs did not like to
27 support sqlite (some of the things they wanted to do were not straight forward
28 under sqlite).
29
30 The way I did it was to set it up manually in
31 ~/.config/akonadi/akonadiserverrc. This old thread describes how I went about
32 it:
33
34 http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.user/224044
37 This is what my akonadiserverrc looks like today:
38 ================================================
39 [%General]
40 Driver=QSQLITE
41 SizeThreshold=4096
42 ExternalPayload=false
43
44 [QSQLITE]
45 Name=/home/michael/.local/share/akonadi/akonadi.db
46 Host=
47 User=
48 Password=
49 Options=
50 StartServer=false
51
52 [Debug]
53 Tracer=null
55
56 No MYSQL section in there at all.
57
58 However, I must issue a Health Warning here. I never had mysql on this
59 machine and did not have to migrate my PIM resources from mysql to sqlite. So
60 YMMV.
61 --
62 Regards,
63 Mick