From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} Preparing a laptop for sale
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 20:08:41
1 On Fri, 2009-12-18 at 09:08 -0800, Grant wrote:
2 >
3 > After reading over all the info here, I think I'm going to go with dd
4 > since the data isn't too sensitive.
5 >
6 > I created a "9.1_Live_x64" USB key with unetbootin, but the laptop
7 > won't boot to it. I have another 512MB USB key that it boots to just
8 > fine. Could my 8GB key be non-bootable? The laptop's CD drive isn't
9 > working so I need another way to install an easy copy of Linux after I
10 > dd.
11
12 They should appear the same.. I'm guessing this is a hardware/BIOS
13 issue. I have different sized USB sticks and drives they boot fine.
14 Maybe your BIOS has a 2G boot partition limitation (or whatever the size
15 is)? You may need to "partition" your 8G stick LOL.