From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] In search of a "good" windowmanager
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 13:55:58
1 Hi,
2
3 Thank you for your hint.
4 I will try it ! :)
5
6 Have a nice sunday!
7 Meino Cramer
8
9 commo_puke@×××××.com <commo_puke@×××××.com> [09-09-12 15:45]:
10 > Xfce4 or fluxbox with some tweaking
11 > ------Original Message------
12 > From: meino.cramer@×××.de
13 > To: Gentoo
14 > ReplyTo: gentoo-user@l.g.o
15 > Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT] In search of a "good" windowmanager
16 > Sent: Sep 12, 2009 8:40 AM
19 > Hi,
20 >
21 > for a long time I used IceWM as my windowmanager since I dont
22 > want to mimicry other OSses (...) or want session management.
23 > One thing, which is a must-have of windowmanagers I want to use
24 > is the possibility to control the windowmanager nearly completly
25 > with the keyboard (hotkeys configurable) which does *not*
26 > imply "uncontrollable by mouse" ;)
27 > Furthermore I should not be a hana-bi or anything else eye-candy
28 > like (nothing against hana-bi as hana-bi!) -- most of the time
29 > I will use the windowmanager instead of only looking at it -- which
30 > does not imply: "black anmd white ugly ascii thingy".
31 >
32 > Since IceWM seems to be gone into hibernation phase I am looking for
33 > a replacement which should
34 > -- be widely configurable via ascii files
35 > -- be as far as possible controllable by keyboard
36 > -- be also useable with the mouse
37 > -- no eye-candy
38 > -- not ugly
39 > -- NOT tiling
40 > -- FAST!
41 >
42 > I would like to hear from others what experiences they made with
43 > what windowmanagers.
44 >
45 > Thank you very much in advance for any help!
46 > Best regards and have a nice weekend!
47 > Meino Cramer
52 > --
53 > Please don't send me any Word- or Powerpoint-Attachments
54 > unless it's absolutely neccessary. - Send simply Text.
55 > See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html
56 > In a world without fences and walls nobody needs gates and windows.
61 > Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel
64 Please don't send me any Word- or Powerpoint-Attachments
65 unless it's absolutely neccessary. - Send simply Text.
66 See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html
67 In a world without fences and walls nobody needs gates and windows.