From: Kurt Guenther <kurtg@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gnome as an X Server.
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 15:47:05
1 Hemmann, Volker Armin wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 17 May 2006 15:22, Kurt Guenther wrote:
3 >
4 >> I updated to the latest gnome:
5 >>
6 >> gnome-base/gnome-2.14.1
7 >>
8 >> but, now, I can't seem to get gnome to act as an X server. This was
9 >> previously done in /etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf by adding:
13 > gnome can not act as a X server, because it is not one!
14 >
15 > You meant login manager, right? that is something completly different.
16 >
17 > any real reason for this?
18 > DisallowTCP=false
19 >
20 > ?
21 >
22 > except opening a real severe security hole?
26 Ok, window manager. Just want to pop remote windows on my desktop.
27
28 As for security, I use iptables to block the port and I only open it in
29 a secure office setting.
30
31 --Kurt
34 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list