From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: jffs2 on gentoo
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 20:09:01
1 Dan Farrell <dan <at> spore.ath.cx> writes:
4 > > I have a 4 gig Cf card (sandisk) and a ide-cf card that should
5 > > make the CF card look like an ide hard drive.
6
7 > > http://gentoo-wiki.com/Mounting_a_block_device_with_JFFS2
8
9 > > But it seems vague(outdated) and missing many steps. Or
10 > > am I confused? I'm just looking for some outline or verbose
11 > > steps to replace an ide drive on a system with a CF/ide drive
12 > > and jffs2, as I have many systems that I'd like to do this with,
13 > > for core reliability on minimalistic gentoo servers. I plan
14 > > on having additional space on these systems (when needed)
15 > > via NFS.
18 > You shouldn't need to do anything special - just copy all files over
19 > exactly, and then set up GRUB on the CF card.
20
21 Well, I've heard otherwise. Use jffs2 or the CF card will wear out
22 prematurely.......
23
24 I should have been more specific on my questions. When using 'fdisk'
25 to format the CF card: In section 4d of the handbook, I do not see
26 a 'mkjffs2fs' command. So I'm confused as to how you put the jffs2
27 file system on a partition.
33 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list