From: tuxic@××××××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Flashing hardware via WINE ?
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2017 08:09:59
1 Hi,
2
3 I have a smart NiMH-charger with serial port (normally used to
4 dump chargeing curves to the PC).
5 The chargers firmware can bei flashed with a flashtool provided
6 by the vendor. The communication is via serial port. I have
7 a PCI=>serial.ports-card installed in my PC.
8
9 The command
10
11 file <flashing tool>
12
13 results in this information
14
15 PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
16
17 . As Linux user by heart I have no Windows.
18
19 May the attempt to install wine and use it for this purpose
20 a thinkable way or are the precoditions that way, that it
21 is due to those a NO-NO...?
22
23 Does anyone have experience with such an attempt?
24
25 Cheers
26 Meino