From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Twin monitor setup (Not strictly Gentoo I know)
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 08:55:00
1 On 23/06/06, Troy Curtis Jr <troycurtisjr@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I don't typically use the Xorg -configure option (I use vi!), but doesn't it
3 > create a temporary xorg.conf file in root's home directory so that you can
4 > test it? If it works then I would copy it from /root/xorg.conf (if it is
5 > there) to /etc/X11/xorg.conf.
6
7 Use your favourite editor to manually enter the parameters for both
8 screens/devices. There are good instructions in this link:
9 http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Dual_Monitors
10
11 and the man page for xorg.conf is well written to giude you through.
12 --
13 Regards,
14 Mick
15 --