From: Fernando Meira <fmeira@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] wpc54g card as AP -- works?
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 21:44:09
1 Hi,
2
3 I wanted to provide wireless connection to the internet for other laptops at
4 home.
5 To do this, one laptop is connected via eth0 and wlan0 should work as AP to
6 all others.
7 I have been following the HOWTO:
8 http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Building_a_Wireless_Access_Point_With_Gentooand
9 trying to find solution in forums... but I can't get it working.
10 The wireless card is working with ndiswrapper.
11 When I try to set it to Master, I get this:
12 # iwconfig wlan0 mode Master
13 Error for wireless request "Set Mode" (8B06) :
14 SET failed on device wlan0 ; Invalid argument.
15
16 Does this means that the card is unable to perform the task I want, or what
17 am I doing wrong?
18 Is there any other HOWTO with better instructions? Or anyone that can
19 provide me a step-by-step configuration?
20
21 Thanks in advance.
22 Fernando.